Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy
July 6 - 14, 2011
Welcome to the third day of the Spellbinders Paper Arts
Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy!
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts’ is absolutely thrilled to bring you one of the most exciting die releases to date! These new collections are some of the most innovated and beautiful die templates in the world! The Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy allows you a sneak peek of the products we’re introducing at the Craft and Hobby Association trade show later this month.
• Win today’s new Spellbinders die templates!
• Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day (see schedule below)!
• One entry per person, per blog please, on the designated days!
• Each blog will accept entries for 48 hours!
• You have until 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time July 8, 2011 to 12:01 a.m. July 10, 2011 enter my contest. See the Official Rules HERE.
• Today you can enter my contest and Shanna Vineyard contest.
Thank you, Spellbinders Paper Arts, for sponsoring this contest!
Today I'm thrilled to introduce you to two new die templates, S4-340 Create-A-Flake Three and LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty-three. Create-A-Flake has five snowflakes that vary in size and design. The Grand Labels Twenty-three has 6 die templates that graduate in size.
Do you know what snowflakes and flowers have in common? No two are alike!!! However, I found that snowflakes and flowers are alike. The Create-A-Flake snowflakes translated beautifully into flowers, especially when the negative shape that the snowflake die template leaves behind is incorporated. I had originally cut the snowflakes out of some blank coasters to use on another project and when my eyes landed on leftover coasters I immediately saw flowers.
1) Cut and emboss S4-340 Create-A-Flake Three #2,4,5 out of blank chipboard coasters, with #1 being the smallest (I bought mine off of ebay). Lightly ink edges of coasters and sew around edges with a sewing machine. Back the "flowers" with polka dot paper. Set aside.
2) Cut 6.5x12" of Fancy Pants It's the Little Things Flocked Transparency and adhere 2" below top of Fancy Pants It's the Little Things Headed South Paper.
3) Cut two 1.5x12" strips of Fancy Pants It's the Little Things Feathered paper. Cut and emboss using the new Edgeabilities(r) die templates that Debbie Olson(E8-001 Classic Scallop bubble decorative accent) and Kimberly Crawford (E8-005 Classic Postage Stamp edger) introduced to you on July 6th.
4) Adhere strip of 1/8" Scor Tape over bottom edge of the striped strips. Remove protective coating and apply black glitter. Ink the decorative edge. Adhere strips to top and bottom of transparency.
5) Cut and emboss LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty-three #3 out of Fancy Pants It's the Little Things Honeysuckle. Stitch around the edges with black thread (I hand stitched). Ink edges and adhere to center of transparency.
6) Position 3x3 photo in the middle and adhere you two coaster pieces on each side of the photo.
7) Now to embellish your flowers on your coasters. Cut and emboss two S4-340 Create-A-Flake Three #5 die templates out of yellow Bazzill cardstock. As seen below, cut the large petals off of both flowers (I only did one in the photo so that you could see what I was referring to.) Stack the two centers together and apply to center of large flower in the coaster on the right. Turn the little petals up a bit and finish embellishing with a button and a jewel.
8)Next apply a good size drop of Beacon 3-in-1 glue to middle of flower on the top left of the coaster on the left and let dry a bit. Adhere Want 2 Scrap pearls around center of flower then arrange the little pile of negative pieces, that came from the center of the large petals, in a circle by sticking their tips into the slightly dried wet glue.
9) Finish the last flower by cutting and embossing the smallest snowflake from S4-340 Create-A-Flake Three #1. Adhere it to the middle and top off with a threaded Buttons Galore button.
8) Adhere the large petals under the edges of the of the "bumps" of your bottom striped paper and embellish with black jewels.
9)Apply rub on from Fancy Pants It's the Little Things and add journaling. Die cut and emboss S4-340 Create-A-Flake Three #3,4 out of polka dot paper. On the #3 fold the tips of each flower under to create the small rounded flower. Layer your flowers together and embellish with a small dot of yellow cardstock and a pearl. Adhere transparency leaves from Fancy Pants.
Spellbinders: S4-340 Create-a-Flake Three, LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty Three, E8-001 Classic Scallop bubble decorative accent, E8-005 Classic Postage Stamp edger, Grand Calibur. Bazzill: Card Stock. Fancy Pants: It's the Little Things Printed Paper, Transparency and Rub Ons. Scor-Pal: Scor-Tape. Glitter: Martha Stewart. Button's Galore and More: Buttons. Want 2 Scrap: Buttons, jewels, pearls. Ranger: Ink. Zig: Marker. Scrapbook Adhesives: 3D Foam Tape and Tape Runner.
Here I created a fun holiday wreath using S4-340 Create-A-Flake and LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty-three die templates...
The super glittery snowflakes hanging from the ribbon were made using the positive die templates from the chipboard pieces in the first project. Then I just sprayed them with an adhesive and applied a chunky opalescent glitter.
Supplies: Spellbinders S4-340 Create-a-flake and LF-347 Grand Labels Twenty Three die templates, Grand Calibur. Echo Park: printed papers. Stamps: Technique Tuesday. Want 2 Scrap: Jewels. Craft Work Cards: iCandy. Elmer's: Two Way Spray Adhesive. Scrapbook Adhesives: 3D Foam Dots. Devine Twine: twine. Best Creations: Glitter Card Stock. Ranger: Ink. Ribbon: Own supply. Floss: DMC.
1. 1: 5/8"
2. 2: 1 3/8"
3. 3: 1 3/4"
4. 4: 2 1/4"
5. 5: 2 5/8"
1: 4 7/8 x 3 7/8"
2: 5 1/2 x 4 3/8"
3: 6 1/4 x 5"
4: 6 7/8 x 5 1/2"
5: 7 5/8 x 6 1/8"
6: 8 3/8 x 6 5/8"
See the official Spellbinders Paper Arts Get the Knowledge! Blog Frenzy rules.
My contest is open for entries from 12:01 a.m. July 8 2011, to 12:01 a.m. July 10, 2011 Eastern Standard Time.
1) Send your email entry to: Reveal5@spellbinders.us
2) The subject must be Create-a-flake Three and Grand Labels Twenty Three.
Be sure to visit all the Designers on their contest dates:
Daily contest winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
To be eligible for the Grand Prize, enter each contest within its designated time period. Use the same email address to send the entry email. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $1400, and includes the complete Spellbinders line of die templates released at the 2011 Summer CHA show, and a Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine!
I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter and then leave a comment!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Thank you for visiting and good luck!!