Monday, May 6, 2013

Card Share

Hi everyone! Thought I'd share with you my latest creations for Simple Stories.

I was on a roll making cards and ended up making three for this assignment. My first two cards feature the Sn@p line and the brand new stamps that Simple Stories just released.

For  this card I focused on the Daily stamp set. Pulled out my chalk inks ( I found that chalk ink vs. dye or pigment ink worked best with these solid images), masked off a heart shape and stamped all of the speech bubbles inside the negative space. The today arrow was stamped onto vellum and a small chipboard heart and yellow brad topped it all off.



For my second card I focused on using the Snapshots stamp set. 

I repeatedly stamped the open speech bubble onto cardstock using a white pigment ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Next, I used Distress Inks to blend color onto the card stock.


For my last card I had been dying to put the brand new brads to use, so I pulled out the  24/Seven collection. I made a faux ribbon border using some washi tape and then used brads in descending size as my focal point.


Loving how versatile the Simple Stories collections are!



No comments: