Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop Challenge

               
Welcome to the PTI June blog hop. Today's challenge was to add a touch of gold to your project. LOVE gold, so I jumped in with both feet on this one!



I added some gold in three different places. The most obvious of them is the strip of gold glitter that sits atop the strip of washi tape. The second and third areas are a bit easier to see in the close up. I used my gold ink dauber to add splash in the center of my flower (it's much more shimmery IRL). The third spot is just a wee touch in the twine that ties the button, it's white with a gold thread running through it.

Supplies:
PTI: Limitless Layers Square Dies, Embroidered Blooms and Ruby Rose Stamp Sets, Harvest Gold and Hibiscus Inks
My Mind's Eye: Chevron Paper and Washi Tape, both from Find Your Wings & Fly: Sky's the Limit

13 comments:

Carolanne said...

Oh my goodness! I love this layout and colors. This card is just so pretty and happy:-)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhhh this is stunning!!! LOVE the layout and the colors!

Birgit said...

Love your pretty card! Great touches of gold and so fun and colorful to look at.

Joni Andaya said...

Love you color combo Tonya =)

victoria h said...

pretty card

Sadie said...

Very pretty!! such nice colours.

Darnell said...

I love the subtle ways you've used the gold on your fab card, Tonya! Gold, silver, and sparkle are always so hard to photograph and the cards are so much more amazing IRL. Thanks for coming by to visit me and leave some love!! Darnell

Lindsey said...

Love these bright, happy colors paired with the gold and how you layered your stamps to build the focal point.

Jacquie Southas said...

The gold compliments the brigth colors beautifully!

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!

tonyamaries said...

Very pretty card! Love the color combo!

Rachel said...

what a happy card! i love your color combination and the touch of gold in the stitching if my favorite!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Nancy Penir said...

Great square medallion. You've accented it perfectly.