Thursday, May 1, 2014

A brand new look!!!

I'm so excited! The look of my blog has been so outdated for so long! Check it out…brand new and updated!!!! I've dusted off the place and hope to get back to posting projects on a much more consistent basis!

I have a list a mile long of things that need to be shared with you all. Thought I would start doing so today with a card.  A couple of months ago I sustained a minor injury while playing tennis. One of my sweet tennis friends came over to visit with me, brought some wine, showed some rehab stuff, and commiserated with me. Fortunately I was only out for a few weeks and am back and playing! Made this card to thank her for her thoughtfulness!


Started with a blank piece of watercolor paper and painted on some orange, yellow and pink. Stamped the feather with a grey ink.


Heat embossed the gold specks on the feather.


I die cut the sentiment out of watercolor paper and painted the same colors as the background only using an ombrè effect here. The sentiment was also die cut out of some pink card stock and then the two were layered together slightly offsetting them for some added dimension.

Topped it all off with a scattering of sequins and enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: