Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hello

Hey all, popping in with a quick post for the latest Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink. This week the challenge was all about using your dies to emboss an image onto your paper and then coloring in the images.

My cards started with the Cover Plates Heart Die and then the images were painted in with Distress Inks.


The sentiment was cut using the die from Wonderful Words: Hello. I adhered a strip of ScorTape to the top of a piece of True Black cardstock before cutting out the word. Once cut I took off the release paper and sprinkled it with glitter. Popped the word up on the card front with foam tape.

Supplies:

Papertrey Ink:

Dies: Cover Plate Heart, Wonderful Words: Hello

Stamps: Framed Out #11, Wonderful Words: Hello

Other: 

Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Grass, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves

Thanks for stopping by!

Tonya



5 comments:

Kathryn A said...

This is bright and cheery! Great card!

Nancy Penir said...

What a wonderful effect you got with the distressed inks! Lovely!

Jennifer said...

I ADORE this card and your technique. I have this die, too, and plan to use this idea on my Valentines this year. Fabulous.

helenbrendan said...

Beautiful watercoloring!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this!