Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A very merry christmas

I just wanted to take a quick moment to wish all of my readers the MERRIEST Christmas! Thanks to you all for taking a little time out of your days to check out my work. 

I have two Christmas assignments from My Mind's Eye that I thought I would share with you this Christmas Eve. One has to do with holiday gift giving and the other is a trio of cards. 

Using the Joyous collection, I was able to take this very plain white box and turn it into something that I am proud to place under my tree.



I simply cut two strips of patterned paper and wrapped then around the box. Then I used the striped decorative tape, which I topped with some thin strips of glitter.
The pinwheel bow is one of the smaller ones in the package. I embellished the rest of the package with stickers from the sticker sheet and the tiny alpha package.


I also created a set of four gift card tags. These were all cut from the 6x6 Decorative Paper pads.






This box was decorated using the Sleigh Bells Ring Collection.


 The great part about these is that these are “easy to make” shaker cards. Yep, that’s right with the help of the My Mind’s Eye chipboard frames, available in the Sleigh Bells Ring collection, some of the work has already been done for you! 


This next picture shows how these were assembled.


I simply adhered a piece of transparency on the backside of the frames, then added a layer of foam tape around the edges of the window, poured in some glitter and sequins. Lastly, I covered it all with the patterned paper that I wanted to show through the front side of the window.


Then I just adhered them all to card fronts and embellished away!


I added some glitter to the cardinal to help him stand out against the background paper better.


For this next card I used the banner pieces that are in the mixed bag. I turned them upside down to make trees out of them and then topped each one with an enamel star.


These really were so simple to make. The chipboard frames give you the perfect base to begin making your own interactive cards.
 
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!


Tonya
















No comments: