Sunday, January 18, 2015

Masculine cards

Hey all. I was noticing the other day that my card stash was lacking in masculine cards. So I pulled out the My Mind's Eye Jubilee-Tangerine collection and went to work.


For this first card I simply took different strips of patterned paper and layered them on the front of the card making sure to slight tilt them a bit. Then it was embellished with a die cut popped up with some foam tape and one of the buck head enamel shapes.



This next card was pretty simple to make. I cut out the letters for ‘you’ and then layered behind the negative space of the ‘o’ with a bunch of enamel dots. I varied the font of the two words to add some visual interest to what is a rather simple card.



This last card was made by layering a trio of 3x4 journal cards. I love the look where a small decorative clothes pin is used to hold a variety of things to the front of a card, but I don’t like the bulk. So, I decided to use a little bit of decorative tape and a brad instead.


I finished off the card with a white arrow rub on, some numbers from the mixed media pack and of course some enamel dots.


My favorite thing to do lately is to make coordinating envelopes for my cards. It’s such a great way to use up any extra paper you may have on hand. You’ll see a matching envelope for each card in the above photos.
 
Hope I have given you all some great ideas for making a card or two for the men in your lives!

                                                                                  Tonya


No comments: