Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hello

Hey all. Hope you all are having a great week. For this household, this week has meant the true start of the baseball season. Games and practices are in full swing, which means chaos is back in full swing. Since baseball signifies spring I thought I would share a card with you that kind of screams spring!

I made this one for the latest challenge over on the Card Concept Challenge blog. My goal was to keep this one classy and elegant.


I started this card by die cutting the flowers out of watercolor paper. Then I simply watercolored in the die cuts. 


For the sentiment I die cut the 'hello' from the frame, took the word out and watercolored it with the aqua and green, then once it dried colored over it with a Wink of Stella glitter pen. Then simply inlaid the word back in. That sentiment frame with the addition of the hello word is made up of so many die cut little pieces that I found it easiest to back the whole thing with a wide piece of Washi tape.

If you click HERE you will be taken directly to the image that was the inspiration piece for this challenge. You can see that I incorporated the florals and colors from it. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Be Happy)
Dies: Papertrey Ink (Brushed Blooms, Keep it Simple Frames, Noted)
Sequins: Studio Calico

Thanks for taking a peek today!

Tonya






5 comments:

laurie said...

Your water coloring is gorgeous! What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love all of your watercolor elements- I agree with Laurie, just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Oreety said...

Gorgeous card!! Don't you just love Brushed Blooms? Betsy's line of stamps are amazing. Again, such beautiful composition and mixture of techniques (inlaid die cutting, watercolor look). Love!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Favorite Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

maria f. said...

Beautiful, and certain to bring joy to the recipient. Glad you joined the fun at The Card Concept.