Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Happy day before Thanksgiving everyone! Today is the day of the monthly Papertrey Ink blog hop. I am super excited this month as I was able to find the time to get a card done for it.



I had so many ideas based on the inspiration photo. Loved the colors and the fact that there was some sparkle. I started this by heat embossing the ornaments and snowflakes onto a panel of watercolor paper. Then I pulled out my Brusho watercolor pigment powders for the background. I am still SO in love with these powders, their colors are so vibrant and they are so fun to work with.

                    pti1115bloghop1

After the panel dried I then stamped the sentiment , drew the strings and bows and added the sequins to the ornaments. I then decided that I wanted the sentiment to stand out a bit more so I pulled out my white gel pen and outline just the 'JOY'.

                    pti1115bloghop2

Here's the photo that was the inspiration for this month's blog hop...


Thanks everyone for stopping by to take a peek.

Supplies:

Stamps: 2011 Holiday Tags
              Tree Trimming Trio
              Snowflake Serenade
                           Vintage Ornament Additions
     Two Feet Deep
                   Instant Photo: Holidays

Watercolors: Brusho Pigment Powders (Turquoise, Leaf Green)

Tonya

24 comments:

Sarah said...

your card is stunning, i love the background that you have created, just beautiful.x

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous brilliance! I love the many layers you achieved with color~

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful background you created for your white embossings!

Marybeth said...

White embossed and watercoloring! Just beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Diana K said...

Oh my! I'm in love with the bright clear colours of this gorgeous card. Stunning!

lainey said...

So, so pretty! Your watercolored background is stunning.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love the background and how you made the Joy image into an ornament!

Jenelle said...

Gorgeous background and the white embossed snowflakes and ornaments are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the background you created!

Darnell said...

You achieved such rich vibrancy for your background on this beautiful card, Tonya! Well done!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

Manuela said...

your background looks super with the white embossed ornaments!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is so stunning Tonya! I love using Brusho's too, and they worked out just beautifully for you with this gorgeous card...absolutely love it!! :0)

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card.. love that watercolored background.

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely, vibrant card!

Melissa L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tonya. I'm going to pin your card and case it.

Linda said...

Beautiful watercolored background. Such a pretty card.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my this is just stunning!! That background is so amazing!!

Annheidel said...

Gorgeous background! The embossing really pops.

samantha's cards said...

lovely card!

Cris G. said...

Stunning card! The background is so good.

tonyamaries said...

LOVE this! That background is amazing!

Joyously Noelle said...

Lovely and festive card!

Karen C. said...

The water coloured background really highlights the Christmas baubles and sentiment. Great job!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win at PTI, Tonya!! Hugs, Darnell