Friday, April 15, 2016

Sparkle & Shine Challenge #28

Hey all, it's time for another challenge over on the Sparkle & Shine challenge blog. Here is our inspirational photo for this time around...

 

For my card I pulled out my Color Burst pigment powders. I started with a blank panel of watercolor paper and sprinkled pigment powders onto the surface of the dry paper. Then I saturated the paper with water using a Mini Mister. 

IMG_1969

After that dried then I used the Altenew Oriental Orchid stamp set to stamp the images. Then I pulled out some bleach and painted in the images with the bleach to turn it all white. It was pretty amazing seeing the magic happen. Those flowers and leaves were all just as dark purple as the rest of the paper. I would recommend using a better quality watercolor paper for this though. I used a really cheap one and you can see where the bleach bled beyond the borders of the flowers in some spots. With a good quality paper the water will stay only where you put it.

We hope you come and join us in the challenge. One lucky random participant will win a $15 gift certificate to the Right at Home online store. Click HERE to be taken to the Sparkle & Shine blog.



No comments: