Saturday, September 26, 2009

The final installment...

day seven. I've really enjoyed doing this and am so proud of myself for actually getting all seven sketches done and posted in time. It's been difficult  as the sketches weren't posted until midnight my time which means by the time I found the time to work on them, after tending to hubs and four kiddos I, I wasn't able to get most of them photographed until late at night. Which is the case again tonight and the lighting is way less than desirable...this card is so much prettier in real life. You'll just have to believe me. The stitching and bigger stones in the corners are a pretty leafy green and the glitter on the butterflies and the little stones in the corner are a very soft pretty lavendar...I know, you'd never guess.

So, today's sketch was this little lovely....

and my rendition of it...




Remember you can always click on a photo to see it larger...pretty sure that won't improve the color though
:(

Thanks to Caardvarks for this challenge and to Heidi Van Laar for all of the sketches! You can check her out here...

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love this! The buttons and the stitched boarder are fab!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alicia said...

The green stitching is wonderful, and the ribbon compliments it so well. Nicely done.

suzARTe said...

this is a lovely card, i love the stitching and the buttons

SmilynStef said...

Love those glittery butterflies and pretty little buttons.

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW: what an amazingly clever way to use buttons! i am in love with that fabulous stitched circle and its accents set at intervals! completely WONDERFUL and so inspiring! ♥

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the stitched circle!

Unknown said...

Love your stitching!