Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11...

It's a tag today for you all. This one was made with thoughts of snowflakes. Unfortunately, all we are having here in my neck of the woods is dark grey rain. So dreary and so wet. I always am dreaming of a white Christmas, although it is rare that this wish comes true.



I started with a basic manila tag. I had used some turquoise Glimmer Mist on another project and had some left over puddles sitting on my craft sheet, that is when I grabbed that tag and dragged it through the puddles. Let it dry that I used Versamark ink to stamp the snowflakes, I love the subtle tone on tone that you get with this ink. Next I stamped the fancy flourish with some dark brown ink. Used a clear acrylic tile and adhered the cute little snowman image onto it using Glossy Accents. Applied some chunky red glitter to the outer edges of the tile piece. Then swiped the edges of the tag with some white paint. Added the little stamped image and some jewels. Lastly I painted a chipboard snowflake white then covered it with some irridescent glitter. Topped the tag off with a button and some vintage seam binding ribbon.

Got my tree done last night, now it is time for my mantle. Be back tomorrow!


3 comments:

Karen said...

gon tonya!! Loving these :)

Dara Lynn said...

I loove this tag!!!! Hope you don't mind, gonna taglift for a few gifts! I have seen two tons of these and I just love the pops of red !!!

Geralyn said...

Oh wow, the tag is beautiful!