Sunday, September 9, 2012

Phew...summer has come to end

The weather is still beautiful, but the kids are back in school. Which for me meant a free day to go buy a new computer and many free days after that attempting to get it and all of the programs I need up and running. So, yeah...if you saw my last post you know the story of my last computer (little mishap with some...ok a lot...of hard cider). Thought we had conquered that problem, sad to say it was a temporary fix and then it died about 6 weeks after I got it back. No amount of CPR could save it. Insert very sad face here.

I'm back now with a new shiny little love of my life...insert happy face here. Which means I can get back to blogging too.

Fortunately, I have lots I can share with you over the next couple of weeks. Today I am going to start with a layout that I did for Clear Scraps using one of the XL Scallop acrylic sheets and some My Mind's Eye papers.


Photo is of me and my second son (yes I really do have a blue streak in my hair!...just temporary for the 4th of July!)



Used a paint pen around the edges as well as some baker's twine for a little extra embellishing. Flowers were all made using the Lovely Layers die set from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for taking a peek today!

Tonya



6 comments:

Kelly said...

Enjoy your shiny new toy. Love the page!

Claire T said...

Beautiful page! That blue streak looks great. I have to say I am tempted!

Manda said...

What a wonderful page, I hadn't heard of those clear pages so I am off to investigate now - thanks!

April Michelle said...

That page is awesome, I love that acrylic scallop page.

brenda said...

Your layout is fabulous! Never heard of Clear Scraps before, but it looks really fun!

Amy Coose said...

So glad you're back, Tonya, and I love your page!