Sunday, September 9, 2012

Phew...summer has come to end

The weather is still beautiful, but the kids are back in school. Which for me meant a free day to go buy a new computer and many free days after that attempting to get it and all of the programs I need up and running. So, yeah...if you saw my last post you know the story of my last computer (little mishap with some...ok a lot...of hard cider). Thought we had conquered that problem, sad to say it was a temporary fix and then it died about 6 weeks after I got it back. No amount of CPR could save it. Insert very sad face here.

I'm back now with a new shiny little love of my life...insert happy face here. Which means I can get back to blogging too.

Fortunately, I have lots I can share with you over the next couple of weeks. Today I am going to start with a layout that I did for Clear Scraps using one of the XL Scallop acrylic sheets and some My Mind's Eye papers.


Photo is of me and my second son (yes I really do have a blue streak in my hair!...just temporary for the 4th of July!)



Used a paint pen around the edges as well as some baker's twine for a little extra embellishing. Flowers were all made using the Lovely Layers die set from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for taking a peek today!

Tonya



6 comments:

Kelly said...

Enjoy your shiny new toy. Love the page!

Claire T said...

Beautiful page! That blue streak looks great. I have to say I am tempted!

Mandalika said...

What a wonderful page, I hadn't heard of those clear pages so I am off to investigate now - thanks!

April Michelle said...

That page is awesome, I love that acrylic scallop page.

brenda said...

Your layout is fabulous! Never heard of Clear Scraps before, but it looks really fun!

Unknown said...

So glad you're back, Tonya, and I love your page!