Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Paradise found

Yep, that's pretty much sums up our spring break trip to Turks & Caicos. It was heavenly. We stayed at the Beaches resort because let's face it, it's the only way we can afford to feed four children (three of which are strapping young "men") on vacation. The all inclusive thing was perfect for us!

The following are two layouts that I created for My Mind's Eye using some photos from this vacation. This first one is one of my latest favorites.


I designed and cut the wave shape with the Silhouette, then I used different pieces of patterned paper that were cut into strips to fill in behind the wave shape. The title and sun were also cut from the Silhouette. (Someday the super nice random person that comes along and offers to take our family photo won't cut us all off at our ankles…until then we will just be super happy to have a family photo albeit with various missing body parts :)  )




So, after I had used the above wave shaped page I had layer the negative shape on my desk next to me and later on when I noticed it sitting there the thought came to mind that it would make a great lizard tail, all I needed to do was turn it upside down! Guess what?! I had a bunch of iguana photos from the trip…the perfect match!


For the spines on the tail I used the new glitter and metallic tapes from the Necessities collection.




Both of these layouts were made using the Now and Then - Izzy line.

Until next time!

Tonya



No comments: