Wednesday, August 26, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #137 and AAA Card Challenge

Hey all! I have a fun little card to share with you today. This one is based off of the latest sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch and also inspired by AAA cards challenge #46 (Masquerade). I had a lot of fun pulling this one together and used a lot of my favorite techniques.

                    ptitiltedbday1

I started the panel by using a Heidi Swapp mask and some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink. Then I die cut the flowers from some watercolor paper and painted them in with more Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, and Mustard Seed). After they were done drying I adhered them to the corner of the panel. I stood back and looked at and things were just kind of blah...enter me and my black liner pen. First I added the marks to the petals, then to the flower centers. Lastly I went a bit cray cray and outlined all of the masking.

                    ptitiltedbday2

As you can see my inner crazy couldn't just stop with all of the line work...I had to go and add tiny jewels to all of the centers!

Here is the CAS(E) sketch and AAA prompt that inspired this cars...





Supplies:
Stamps: Bloomers, Stacked Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Bloomers (Papertrey Ink)
Inks: Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio (Ranger Distress Inks)
Mask: Heidi Swapp

Thanks for stopping by!

Tonya



4 comments:

Jane said...

All that outlining has created such a striking card, fabulous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

The outlining totally made this pop! I love how bold it is.

donna mikasa said...

At first glance, I thought this was patterned paper!
Such an amazing card and the outlining brings it to life!