Saturday, August 15, 2015

Color Me...striking

Hi everyone. I have a quick card to share with you today. This one was made for the latest color combination over on the Colour Me blog. I put my new Altenew stamp set called Wild Hibiscus to use for this one.

                    althibiscus1a

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and then heat embossed and masked the hibiscus and leaves with white embossing powder.  I then colored in the images using my Zig Clean Color Markers.

                    althibiscus1b

To add a little bit more visual interest I cut a pierced square out of the image and popped it up a bit with some foam tape. The sentiment is from another Altenew set called Label Love. To apply the glitter around the edges of the sentiment I simply applied a border of Scor Tape.

Click HERE to be taken to the Colour Me site and join in on the challenge.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Tonya

5 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tonya! Beautiful color work, and I adore that center square! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

OttawaMom said...

Those blooms are beautiful and wonderfully coloured!! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Colour Me....! this week,

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining Color Me

Nancy said...

Incredible card!!!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is unbelievable! I love your style of coloring! Such a pretty layout, love that the design flows, but part is popped out!