Monday, June 1, 2015

Sparkle & Shine Challenge Time

Happy first of the month everyone! That means it is time for the new challenge over on the Sparkle & Shine Challenge Blog. This month's photo is a beauty and full of inspiration.


As you can see I was motivated by the aquas, ombre and the cake! For my cake I used one of the new dies from My Mind's Eye. The scallops of aqua on the cake are actually embossed, I just left the die cut in the metal die flipped it over and blended some cracked pistachio Distress Ink over the open areas. Then I just embellished with some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and a few little die cuts.


For my ombre background I started with a panel of white card stock and ran some double sided Scor-tape around the edges. I then left the release paper on the tape and started blending in cracked pistachio Distress Ink onto the large white area making sure it was darker near the bottom. Once I was done with that then I took off the release paper and added my glitter.

Hope you take the time to join us over on the Sparkle & Shine blog. You could be the winner of a $25 gift certificate to Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tonya


No comments: